This is the Access Statement for Hideaway Cottage, 40 Vallis Close, Poole, Dorset. BH15 1XZ
Hideaway Cottage is a modern 2 bedroomed house. It is situated in Baiter Park (or Harbourside Park), an area of Poole that is popular with holiday makers because of its convenient yet quiet location.
- We have a website with diagrams of the floor / room layouts and pictures of all the rooms.
- Printed information (as shown on the website) can be supplied on request. Currently this is not available in large print or braille.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made directly from the website via email, or via telephone or by letter.
- All the major supermarkets deliver groceries to the area.
- The Town Centre and train and bus stations are approximately half a mile away.
- The nearest bus route is a daytime town centre bus service (Route One) which runs every 15 minutes from Monday to Saturday and stops a short level walk from the property.
- Accessible taxis are available and many local bus services are ‘low floor’ buses able to accommodate wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- Poole town centre has a level terrain. The High Street is mainly pedestrianised and all on one level with kerbs designed for the visually impaired.
- The Dolphin Shopping Centre is a level walk from the property and has lifts and ramps throughout.
- Poole has a Wheels for Freedom/Shopmobility Scheme through which visitors can hire power chairs, scooters and wheelchairs.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is one allocated tarmac parking space a level walk from the front door.
- Visitor parking spaces are also available nearby with no parking charge. These are available on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
- Additional parking is available in a number of Pay and Display areas within easy walking distance of the property.
- The front door area is lit by security lighting and the house number and Enjoy England logo are clearly displayed.
- The main entrance is the front door which is closest to the allocated parking space. There is one step up to the front door, 6 inches in height.
- To the rear of the property access to the back door is available from the back gate or side gate both of which give level access from the path.
- The front door is 75cm wide, of PVCu construction with no self closing mechanism. It opens inwards to a small entrance hall.
- The open tread stairs rise from the lounge area, are 76cm wide, go through a 90 degree wind, and are carpeted.
- The lounge, dining and kitchen area are open plan.
- The living area of the ground floor is carpeted and the kitchen/dining area is ceramic tiled.
- Décor is a neutral jasmine white.
- Seating in the lounge is a 2 seater sofa and 2no armchairs all in leather.
- The back door opens onto a paved patio garden with access over a threshold step.
- There is 1no alarm in the kitchen, and 1no alarm in the lounge area
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The bedrooms and bathroom are accessed directly from the landing.
- The landing and bedrooms are carpeted and have neutral jasmine white décor.
- Door widths are 75cm.
- Bedroom One has a 4ft 6in double divan bed, the mattress height is 50cm. There is space around the bed on both sides. There is bedside lighting on both sides.
- Bedroom Two has twin 2ft 6 beds, the mattress height is 50cm. There is a bedside light between the beds.
- There is a smoke alarm on the landing.
- The bathroom is 1.6m x 2.5m.
- The décor is neutral jasmine white with tiled walls and floor.
- There is a full size bath (53 cm high) with mixer taps.
- There is a thermostatic shower over the bath.
- The basin has mixer taps and a mirror and shaver light over.
- The WC height is 40cm with limited space on either side.
Kitchen and Dining Area
- The kitchen worktops are 90cm high.
- Additional lighting is fitted under the wall units.
- There is a fridge with a 3*** freezer compartment.
- The cooker is electric and the hob is gas.
- There is a built in Washer/Dryer and built in Dishwasher.
- There is a corner sink with single drainer to left and thermostatic mixer tap.
- The dining area has a table and 4 chairs (not fixed positions).
Grounds and Gardens
- The front comprises a level paved area.
- The back garden is paved and has level access to the street.
- Table and Chairs for 4.
- The wheelie bins are stored in a concealed area at the back
- An information folder is available containing instructions for the operation of the appliances.
- Information on local services is also made available.
- In the event of an emergency, the building can be evacuated via the front door or rear doors on the ground flor.
- We operate a no smoking and no pets policy.
- We believe there is good mobile reception for all major networks.
• This property was newly refurbished for 2010.
• There are no current plans for further alterations or upgrades.
Baiter Park Lettings
Sarah and Anthony Smith
45 Tatnam Road, Poole, Dorset. BH15 2DW
Telephone: 01202 566831
Mobile: 07941 277487
Hours of operation: Office hours are 9 am until 5 pm with emergency mobile contact until 10 pm .